Autumn 2018 - The Greeks
This term, Year 5 are investigating the Greeks and how they have affected the world. We will look at 'Ancient Greece' through to 'Modern Greece' - comparing between the two and how Greece is similar or different to the UK.
To kick start our Greek investigation, we held a Greek toga party and tried all things Greek. Some brave children tried the Octopus!!!
What else has been going on!
* We had a visit by the 'Life Bus', it visited and we talked about healthy living and what we can do to stay healthy.
* We've been getting free fruit to support our healthy bodies and we take part in daily 'Brain Breaks'
* As a school we have helped create the school displays - History, Geography, Art, RE etc.
* Some of us in Year 5 have taken part in sporting activities with other schools e.g. football and cross country running
* Learning some great songs with Aled in our classes and then in singing assembly.
* Started the 'Behaviour Bands' - we have to complete a set of criteria before we get a particular band. We first have no band, then we aim for a 'Rainbow', then a 'Bronze', followed by a 'Silver' and a 'Gold' band. Each new band we get we have a treat/ trip to help us keep showing our great behaviour.
* Designing our own Christmas cards that can be printed and sold to raise money.
What is coming up!
* Body Percussion-This is a whole school activity that uses are body to make noises while using text to tell a story!
* Fireworks night - this is when the whole school, organised by Miss Jones, celebrate Bonfire Night with our families
* A school disco so we can let our hair down and raise money for the school
* Christmas parties
* Christmas and getting ready for the new year to begin.
We started the Summer Term with a positive attitude.
We are proud of our learning and our presentation
We started the Hocus Pocus theme with a little bit of magic!
Mr Kops amazed us with his card trick, while Mrs Lambert and Miss Garrod practised their mind reading skills.
Then they taught us how to do magic too.
Why don’t you try it?
Think of a number between 1 and 10 any number will do,
Now take that number and multiply it by 2
Are you ready? Good, add 6
Halve the number in your head
Subtract the number you first thought of
and the number you are now thinking of is...