Strategic Goals 2020-2025
- Staff feel supported to further their careers
- Staff are engaged in research to develop their own practice.
- Staff thrive.
- Curriculum balance between acadmeic subjects and personal development.
- Children achieve in line with other children nationally.
- Children are happy and thrive.
- Parents feel valued and listened to.
- Parents engage with home learning.
- Parents know where they can access support when it is needed.
Working Beyond Targets
The following targets were set by OFSTED in November 2018:
Leaders and those responsible for governance should ensure that:
- pupils’ progress continues to increase so that greater proportions write at a high standard.
Enhance provision for deeper learning across the curriculum
- Create GDS descriptors for all subjects
- Use documents created to enhance deeper knowledge in all subject areas
- Use Pupil progress meetings to analyse data
- Monitor the literature spine to ensure opportunities for GDS reades
Develop long term memory via embedding schemas in foundation subjects
- CPD to focus on use of schemas in foundation subjects and Rosenshine principles
- Continue to train and develop staff and childrens' use of vocabulary across all subjects
Ensure balance of study across the curriculum (protected characteristics)
- Ensure the library and classroom have a range of accessible texts that promote diversity and equality
- Enusure all house days/assemblies/charity work promote protected characteristics
Enhance provision for 'deep learning' in all core subjects so that the % of GDS increases in all year groups.
- Use pupil progress meetings to analyse data for GDS pupils
- Increase provision for GDS pupils outside of the curriculum
- CPD to focus on: GDS reading, writing, maths and science
Continue to improve outcomes in foundation subjects by further developing teachers knowledge and understanding of the learning concepts
- Staff development in all foundation subjects
- Create links with secondary schools to explore expectations in foundation subjects in Year 7
- Enhance teacher's questioning to promote deep learning in foundation subjects
- Continue to develop staff's understanding of memory and retention
- Consistent daily dashboards to be taught across the school